INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
POSTING DATE: Wednesday July 6, 2022
LOCATION: Creighton Youth Centre – Kenora, Ontario
CLOSING DATE: Wednesday July 13, 2022
- This is a permanent position to provide maintenance and janitorial support.
QUALIFICATIONS and SKILLS:
- Knowledge and experience in semi-skilled maintenance services; of general and preventative building maintenance and equipment. Ability to perform basic electrical, plumbing, and mechanical repairs and troubleshooting. Previous institutional maintenance experience preferred.
- Ability to assess situations and collaborate with outside contractors in relation to building maintenance.
- Ability to work with the Agency’s interdisciplinary teams as well as young persons
- Demonstrated experience and working knowledge of the Ontario Occupational Health & Safety Act and Regulations, Workplace Hazardous Materials Information Systems
- Safe operation, maintenance and repair of related equipment for grass cutting, snow removal, as well as safe operations of hand tools and equipment
- Applicants must be able to perform occasional lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling, some climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching and/or crawling; significant reaching, handling, frequent standing, walking and sitting.
- Perform daily/regular janitorial duties
- Valid First Aid and CPR certificate
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License
- Obtain certification in Crisis Intervention Program
- Ability to pass Medical Assessment
SALARY: $22.30-$25.31 per hour
APPLY BY EMAIL TO
Yvonne Arseneault, Acting Human Resources and Finance Lead, Kenora
We are an equal opportunity employer and operate in a union environment
Candidates are responsible to ensure their updated resume and cover letter, quoting the below file number, is received on or before the posted closing date. Prior to confirmation of employment, all applicants must provide a current Vulnerable Sector Criminal Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
FILE # 06-07-2022