Bruce J. McKitrick Centre/Jack McGuire Centre/J.J. Kelso Centre
Thunder Bay, Ontario
September 25, 2020
This position is responsible for the direct care and supervision of youth placed in our detention and custody facilities. This position will provide young persons in our programs with a living environment that is safe and growth oriented, while ensuring security functions are met.
- PREFERRED: Child and Youth Worker Diploma from an accredited College or University
Candidates with the following qualifications may also be considered where the person has significant related experience:
- H.B.S.W., B.S.W., B.A. Sociology or Psychology, Native Child & Family Services Diploma, Social Services Worker Diploma, Developmental Service Worker Diploma.
- Applicants must have an awareness of the Youth Criminal Justice Act.
- Applicants must have a demonstrated ability in the following:
- Above average verbal skills;
- Ability to confront youth in a consistent and constructive manner;
- Above average interpersonal skills;
- Ability to control and stimulate groups of adolescents
- Possession of a valid Ontario Drivers License and current First Aid Certificate;
- Applicants must be able to work shift work.
SALARY: As per Collective Agreement.
APPLY BY EMAIL OR FAX ONLY TO
Kristie Kuizenga, Executive Assistant
Fax (807) 345-1635
Candidates are responsible to ensure their updated resume and cover letter is received on or before the posted closing date.
FILE # 02-11-2020
- Case Worker - Fort Frances
- Case Worker - Kenora
- Casual Cook - Kenora
- Male Casual Youth Worker(s)
- Secretary - Thunder Bay
- Youth Worker (Female) - Open Services - 1 Year
- Youth Worker (Female) - Open Services - 3 Months
- Maintenance / Janitor - Kenora
- Secretary - Kenora
- Youth Worker - Kenora
- Casual Cook - Thunder Bay
- Youth Worker - Thunder Bay
- Maintenance Person - Thunder Bay