POSTING DATE: August 23, 2022
POSITION: Youth Worker to Work with Male Youth
LOCATION: Creighton Youth Centre
CLOSING DATE: August 23, 2022
- This is a Full time position to begin ASAP.
- PREFERRED: Child and Youth Worker Diploma from an accredited College or University.
Candidates with alternate qualifications may also be considered where the person has related experience and/or:
- H.B.S.W., B.S.W., B.A. Sociology or Psychology, Onajigawin Indigenous Services Diploma, Social Services Worker Diploma, Developmental Service Worker Diploma. Police Foundations, Early Childhood Education Diploma or have significant work experience in the field with 2 years residential experience may be considered.
- Applicants must have an awareness of the Youth Criminal Justice Act.
- Applicants must have a demonstrated ability in the following:
- Above average verbal skills;
- Ability to confront youth in a consistent and constructive manner;
- Above average interpersonal skills;
- Ability to control and stimulate groups of adolescents
- Possession of a valid Ontario Drivers License and current First Aid Certificate;
- Applicants must be able to work shift work.
SALARY: $25.32 – $28.56
APPLY BY EMAIL TO
Yvonne Arseneault, Human Resource and Finance Lead
Candidates are responsible to ensure their updated resume and cover letter, quoting the below file number, is received on or before the posted closing date. Prior to confirmation of employment, all applicants must provide a current Vulnerable Sector Criminal Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
FILE # 08-09-2022