POSTING DATE: December 20, 2021
POSITION: Youth Worker
LOCATION: Creighton Youth Centre, Kenora Ontario
CLOSING DATE: December 29, 2021
This is a temporary vacancy to begin ASAP until approximately August 2022. This vacancy may be terminated early if the regular incumbent returns or it may be extended if the regular incumbent’s leave of absence is extended.
PREFERRED: Child and Youth Worker Diploma from an accredited College or University.
Candidates with alternate qualifications may also be considered where the person has related experience and/or:
H.B.S.W., B.S.W., B.A. Sociology or Psychology, Onajigawin Indigenous Services Diploma, Social Services Worker Diploma, Developmental Service Worker Diploma. Police Foundations, Early Childhood Education Diploma or have significant work experience in the field with 2 years residential experience may be considered.
- Applicants must have an awareness of the Youth Criminal Justice Act.
- Applicants must have a demonstrated ability in the following:
- Above average verbal skills;
- Ability to confront youth in a consistent and constructive manner;
- Above average interpersonal skills;
- Ability to control and stimulate groups of adolescents
- Possession of a valid Ontario Drivers License and current First Aid Certificate;
- Applicants must be able to work shift work.
SALARY: As per Collective Agreement.
APPLY BY EMAIL OR FAX ONLY TO
Kristie Kuizenga, Executive Coordinator
Fax (807) 548-3062
Candidates are responsible to ensure their updated resume and cover letter is received on or before the posted closing date.
FILE # 06-12-2021