September 8, 2020
Youth Worker (Female)
Creighton Youth Centre – Open Services
September 15, 2020
This is a temporary vacancy to begin ASAP for approximately three months. This vacancy may be terminated early if the regular incumbent returns or it may be extended if the regular incumbent’s leave of absence is extended.
PREFERRED: Child and Youth Worker Diploma from an accredited College or University.
Candidates with alternate qualifications may also be considered where the person has related experience and/or:
- H.B.S.W., B.S.W., B.A. Sociology or Psychology, Native Child & Family Services Diploma, Social Services Worker Diploma, Developmental Service Worker Diploma. Police Foundations, Early Childhood Education Diploma or have significant work experience in the field with 2 years residential experience may be considered.
- Applicants must have an awareness of the Youth Criminal Justice Act.
- Applicants must have a demonstrated ability in the following:
- Above average verbal skills;
- Ability to confront youth in a consistent and constructive manner;
- Above average interpersonal skills;
- Ability to control and stimulate groups of adolescents
- Possession of a valid Ontario Drivers License and current First Aid Certificate;
- Applicants must be able to work shift work.
As per Collective Agreement.
APPLY BY EMAIL OR FAX ONLY TO
Kristie Kuizenga, Executive Assistant
Fax (807) 345-1635
Candidates are responsible to ensure their updated resume and cover letter is received on or before the posted closing date.