William W. Creighton Youth Services Invites applications for Casual Youth Worker(s)
November 2, 2018
Bruce J. McKitrick Centre/Jack McGuire Centre/J.J. Kelso Centre in Thunder Bay, Ontario
This position is responsible for the direct care and supervision of youth placed in our detention and custody facilities. This position will provide young persons in our programs with a living environment that is safe and growth oriented, while ensuring security functions are met.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Applicants must have an awareness of the Youth Criminal Justice Act.
- Applicants must have a demonstrated ability in the following:
- Above average verbal skills.
- Ability to confront youth in a consistent and constructive manner.
- Above average interpersonal skills.
- Ability to control and stimulate groups of adolescents.
- Possession of a valid Ontario Driver’s Licence.
- Possession of a valid First Aid and CPR Certificate.
- Applicants must be able to work shift work.
Child and Youth Worker Diploma from an accredited College or University.
Candidates with the following qualifications may also be considered where the person has significant related experience: H.B.S.W., B.S.W., B.A. Sociology or Psychology, Native Family Worker Diploma, Native Mental Health Worker Diploma, Developmental Service Worker Diploma.
As per collective agreement.
Kristie Kuizenga, Executive Assistant
William W. Creighton Youth Services
P.O. Box 10632, 1014 Oliver Road
Thunder Bay, ON P7B 6V1
FILE # 02-2018